Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dia de los Muertos Art Show

A local gallery and framing shop owner sponsored an ATC show for Dia de los Muertos. The show opened Friday Oct. 17, and runs through November 11. I actually took some time during my travel season to make a few pieces for the show. It was great to work on some art again! The holiday holds special meaning to me, as my twin brother, Guy, passed away in Mexico City on the Day of the Dead about 8 years ago.

My first ATC for this month's show:
"Calavera" - gouache on watercolor paper, mounted on poplar painted with acrylic. 3.5"x2.5"



"Frida" - carved painted cottonwood bark, copper wire, glass beads, mounted on poplar. 3.5"x2.5"


"Blue Skull" - collaged papers on painted poplar. 3.5"x2.5". This was my trade piece.


I have a bit more traveling to do - next weekend to Anchorage, the following week, to Anchorage again, then on Nov. 14, to Seattle one last time this year. I just returned from Seattle last Tuesday, and the week before, we were in Soldotna, then San Diego and Portland. I've sure racked up alot of miles on Alaska Airlines! At least now I'm MVP, so I can upgrade to 1st Class. That makes all the air miles a bit more tolerable!

No comments: